[WriteLog] KAM Transmit on RTTY?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] KAM Transmit on RTTY?
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:37:04 -0500
>While Writelog v10 is said to run KAM on RTTY, I have not managed to
>transmit RTTY successfully.  My experience, and others from past
>Writelog archives, is that it skips characters on transmission but is
>fine on Rx.  Can someone who has been successful with this
>combination let me know know the appropriate writelog.ini parameters
>and the needed COM settings for the KAM.  My failed efforts were at
>2400 baud and the KAM refuses to initialize for any other speed even
>if it has been preset to that alternate speed in advance.

Bill,

Every one of my RTTY QSOs here have been made with a pair of
KAM+'s ... never noticed or had a report of skipping ... (poor typing
yes, skipping no).

Be glad to try and swap setting/etc. here, as that part did seem to
be VERY picky to get both setups going.

To add to the other great comments posted. I am using 25 pin to
25 pin connections. And one KAM+ (for whatever reason) did have
to be reversed to get them to play the same.

Again ... be glad to try and get you up and going there.

73 Billy AA4NU