[WriteLog] More on XP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More on XP
From: k4jrb@juno.com (Dave L Thompson)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 18:00:09 -0400
Regarding LInux, even IBM views this as possible alternative to Windows
NT (or the XP version).  I think the key will be to make networking as
easy as possible.  I used to read the CT relector and got tired of all
the problems others had in running multiple PC's.

I remember getting bloody in the early 80's trying to get my then
employer(WANG) to adopt UNIX as an alternative operating system.  The
problem is that they had NIH (not invented here) and it took 5 years and
then it was too late.  Funny they talk about Broadband as a new
technology but we wired up the College of Charleston with Wangnet
broadband in 1983.  We showed broadband at COMDEX that year running on an
old Wang APC.  Even IBM came by to see TV, a mainframe, a Wang mini and
locaL E-MAIL  all on one fastlan.

The next step for LINUX is for someone to build a cover around it so its
easy to use.

73 Dave K4JRB