[WriteLog] Super Check Partial - Different??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial - Different??
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 07:22:54 -0700
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:40:42 -0000, Randy Thompson, K5ZD wrote:

>Don't be afraid to actually read the dialog boxes when you are configuring
>things!  :)
>
>Go to Setup, Super Check Partial, then check the radio button for Search
>Algorithm to Match Only Consecutive Characters.

If I may be so bold, how about making "consecutive characters" the default?
Isn't that what most users would expect right out of the box?  When you type in
"VE", do you really want "VK2XE" to come back as a possibility?  For those who
actually do, I think they should have to intentionally make that choice.

73, Bill W7TI