[WriteLog] two soundcards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] two soundcards
From: d.desloovere@skynet.be (Dirk Desloovere)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:20:56 +0200
Dear,

As you know I have been trying to setup two soundcards on my  Ham-PC =
system (P2 133 CPU  W98  256MbRam)in a attempt to have two decoding =
displays from the rig (yaesu ft1000mp mkV).

I had no succes with installing two Craetive PCI 128 cards.  =20
Yesterday I have taken another attempt and moved all the unneccessary =
pci cards (usb) away and plugged in a single soundcard  :  working fine.
I plugged in the second card : only one card was working.   There were =
no IRQ conflicts anymore but only one card was working .... .   Again  I =
removed all cards and pluged in  one soundcard : working.

So ..... no succes with two pci 128 cards.

This rainy morning I bought the last  Yamaha  ISA slot soundcard at a =
shop for only  10 EUR.

I mounted this card and Windows 98  plugged and played .....  the two =
soundcards working at the first start up !!

After this I plugged in my usb card again..... everything runs as =
before.

In Writelog I setup the two soundcard as  WA9ALS-John explained on his =
website.   The setup works at the first attempt.

Now I finetuning this setup.

By the way : I have a Creative 128PCI for sale .=20

Regards and 73
ON4ADZ.

multipart/alternative
  text/html