[WriteLog] Clariification from W6OTC Contest Manager

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Clariification from W6OTC Contest Manager
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 23:31:47 -0500
I received an E-mail from Glenn, W6OTC, in a reply to my asking
for clarification on Canadian multipliers for CQ/RJ WW RTTY contest.

He stated to me that the rules had been rewritten but actually have not
changed.  NB and NS are still separate multipliers.

Sorry for the confusion.

WriteLog users, I think there is still reason to make at least one change
to your namedmul.ini file.  Glenn says that NB and NS were put in parenthesis
to show that they are separate multipliers.  Since this is correct, the total
number of Canadian multipliers is 14 instead of 13 with the addition of NU.
Add a line at the end of the [CQRTTY] list that says NU=VE.

NOW IF GLENN COMES BACK AND TELLS ME THE TOTAL NUMBER
OF CANADIAN MULTIPLIERS IS 13, I'M GOING TO GO HUNT TEAL
THAT WEEKEND AND TO HECK WITH THE CONTEST!  (not really,
I'll be hunting teal the previous weekend hi)

If you like, you can also had one line at the end of the [CQRTTY-ALIAS]
list that says VY0=NU.  But this alias is not absolutely necessary.

If you made changes and did not save the original settings, an upgrade
will give you original namedmul.ini file back or can I send it to you.  But the
Canadian list of multipliers under [CQRTTY] should read like this (with the
addition of NU):

NFLD=VE
NB=VE
NS=VE
PEI=VE
PQ=VE
LAB=VE
ON=VE
MB=VE
SK=VE
AB=VE
BC=VE
NWT=VE
YUK=VE
NU=VE

I'm really sorry about all this, but if you read the way they rewrote the
rules, you can
see that the true intent to clarify these multipliers did not occur.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Don, AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog