[WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:09:02 -0500
Steve,

1) What value did you set for AUTOSAVECOUNT, 2) are you sure you typed the
parameter name correctly, and 3) what was the CPU speed and memory of the
machine(s) in question. At 8P8P we did over 10,000 QSOs, sometimes at
10-minuyte rates approaching 500/hr, and the autosave was never a problem.
It was more visible later in the contest, but not slow enough to matter. Our
autosave count as set to 20. One CPU was a 500 MHz PIII and the other was a
700 MHz PIII. I've experienced the slowdown on a 100 MHz PII (or maybe it
was a PI), but Wayne later did something that sped things up. I recall some
posts complaining that the slow save was back, but now I use machines that
are so fast it doesn't matter.

73, Dick WC1M