[WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!
From: gw3njw@onetel.net.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 13:07:36 -0000
There are clearly some unexplained differences between experiences here, and
from my personal perspective they are *not* related to computer speed or RAM.
Steve experienced the problem as described, and I *always* find it a problem
on CW over 2000 QSOs.

The difficulty is aggravated by the fact that setting the AutosaveCount=-1
does *not* work. This was validated by Steve and myself from separate stations
in the middle of CQWW SSB such a problem was it. Wayne N.B.

I presently have the count set to 100, and that is a workaround, since I am
then simply prompted to save after 20 QSOs. I can then execute a Ctrl S when
convenient.

I first experienced this problem when using a Pentium I 200Mhz with 64Mb of
RAM, and was told that a faster processor and more RAM would solve it. This
has proved *not* to be the case and even the present 750Mhz Duron with 256Mb
RAM is equally as slow.

I re-iterate Steve's comment that this is a serious problem for serious
contesters; just wish I were one of them!

73

Clive