[WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!
From: hamcat@directvinternet.com (K4SB)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 04:38:45 +0000
Dick Green wrote:

snip
> Windows  95/98 memory management is notoriously bad. My experience is that
> the longer
> the machine runs, and the more processes you launch and terminate, the less
> free memory you have left.

Such is true. However, I think I have a work around, at least I never
run low on memory. What I do is take control of Virtual Memory, and
set it to a value of High and Low to 384. Think I got this tip from
one of the reflectors.

Works for me, but then again, I don't usually have every window going
at the same time.

73
Ed