[WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters
From: k1vv@tmlp.com (Bob Doherty)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:34:01 -0400
Life is like a bad dream for many people .......

They have problems with their car ... can't get the dealer to fix it .....

The teacher doesn't understand that their kid needs special
attention and help ...

The building inspector has it in for them because they have
an ethnic last name .....

Their lawn is infected with insects or disease which  no one can help them
with ....

I remember several years ago when a new ham which we helped get licensed
wanted help ..

He said he could not get the code ... BUT if only I would get on 80 CW EVERY
night and send him CW for a couple of hours ...
he would be able to get it and upgrade his ticket .........

The burden that these poor souls repeatedly put upon us ...  and they are
poor souls .....

And our ... what appears to be callus and indifferent attitude toward them

Has been hardened over the years by repeated demands
such as this ...........

Just how many times times can the ones who can "DO IT" .....

Be expected to respond to the repeated demands from those who cannot ...
or will not try .....

Those who can "DO IT" are repeated hounded to do it for
those who cannot .......

Although they may have a Masters Degree in something..... or other ......

They cannot get the top on the toothpaste tube without cross
threading it ......

But should it be our responsibility to make sure that they can
get the cap on straight ???? ... Over and over again ??

We all want to help our brother hams ........ but we all have a limit

There are some things we ALL can do "GOOD"  ... and some we can't ......

Real wisdom in life comes from finding out where you excel ...

And where you do not .............

If you cannot push a rope .....  don't try .........

Find something that "YOU' are good at .....  It may NOT be radio .......

KB     Whitey  K1VV

> And, if they will not give him his $ back I will chip in $5 towards his
> refund just to make sure he is gone forever.
>
> W0ETC
>
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:22:22 -0500 "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
> writes:
> > I agree. I blocked Gil after one of his rantings about a year back.
> > Gil, if
Life is like a bad dream for many people .......

They have problems with their car ... can't get the dealer to fix it .....

The teacher doesn't understand that their kid needs special attention and
help ...

The building inspector has it in for them because they have an ethnic last
name .....

Their lawn is infected with insects or disease which  no one can help them
with ....

I remember several years ago when a new ham which we helped get licensed
wanted help ..

He said he could not get the code ... BUT if only I would get on 80 CW EVERY
night and

send him CW he would be able to get it and upgrade his ticket .........

[...]

Just how many times times can the ones who can "DO IY"t .....

Be expected to respond to the repeated demands from those who cannot ...or
will not try .....

Those who can "DO IT" are repeated hounded to do it for those who cannot

Although they may have a Masters Degree in something..... or other ......

They cannot get the top on the toothpaste tube without cross threading it

But should it be our responsibility to make sure that can get the cap on
straight ????