[WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:51:36 -0600
I do not understand why users feel as though they are being attacked and
have to defend a program against obvious defects. I don't understand why you
feel personally attacked. Any software should strive for ZERO defects, any
programmer worth the name would strive for ZERO defects. That dos not mean
he will attain it, none can for any program of any size. Certainly they
should try and a user should not defend the acceptance of a defect. I was
only asking for that, I was only asking for at least an acknowledgement of
my report which I never got from the programmers. I think anyone that uses
and supports with their time and money a program has every right to expect
support and to expect a striving for zero defects. If you look at the DXLABS
reflector you NEVER see ANY complaints or almost none because he supports
his code better than any other program I have seen. It is free too.
All I ask is recognition of a problem and a sincere attempt to fix it. If
you are not allowed to point out a problem then it is a sad day. If you are
attacked because you do so, then it is also a sad day.

Why do people attack me? I don't attack them

I must say that I have had numerous private responses that say right on and
keep pushing.