[WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters
From: w5xd@writelog.com (Wayne Wright, W5XD)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:48:31 -0600 (CST)
OK, OK.

I hereby acknowledge (again) that the Alt+K window in WL for sending
CW does not draw itself properly. It is broken in ALL versions of
WL going back at least to version 8. I have found a problem. Maybe
its even "the" problem being discussed here. All this I put in
an email to the reflector:

http://lists.contesting.com/_writelog/2002-October/012657.html

I do not know when the next version will be released. It has not
completed beta test yet (actually, this particular fix has not
even started beta test yet). I NEVER announce release dates as
the fact is I do not know until they are ready.

To the complaint about the list not being searchable:
Please go to http://www.contesting.com and have a look around lots of
VERY good resources there. Including a searchable archive of
many reflectors. That is how I found my reference above (which took
me about 10 seconds).

To the comment about what you paid for: The money you pay to run
WL entitles you to the current version and any updates up to 12
months after you pay. Sorry, but it does not entitle anyone to
have any particular change made regardless of whether you call it
a bug or a feature, nor does the number of postings an individual
makes on the reflector have any impact on whether a given change
is made.

Wayne,
W5XD