[WriteLog] ptt and rig control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt and rig control
From: sjwoodr@yahoo.com (Steve Woodruff)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:04:17 -0800 (PST)
Hi John,

Ok here's the setup:  i built a cw + ci-v
interface which i have connected to LPT1
and COM4 respectively.  I also have COM1
connected to a sound card interface,
primarily just for PTT control.

I setup WL to use com4 for rig control and
it seems to work fine -- frequency is read
and i can change modes, etc just fine.  But
when i tell WL to use com1 for PTT (by
checking the "rig" box for com1 also and then
setting PTT to "Yes" -- then the rig just
keys up 100% of the time and won't let go.

When i use a 3rd party program to do PTT
functions (ie: DX4WIN or AAVOICE) it works
fine.  What i'd like to do is to get WL to
do the rig control *and* the PTT function.
maybe i'm just configuring it wrong in the
setup screen?

tnx

/steve n9oh