[WriteLog] ptt and rig control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt and rig control
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:56:20 -0500
> Is it possible to have PTT and rig control
> on separate serial ports?  I have checked
> the WL archives but didn't see anyone trying
> that exactly.  Also experimented in WL
> by setting rig control on one com port (works)
> and a ptt function on another with a bogus
> rig type -- but then it just keys the rig
> and keeps it keyed-up until i disable that
> port again.

Sure - That's what I usually do.  I have rig control on one port and a
FSK/PTT cable on another.  Works fine.  I could also do PTT via CAT rig
control, but I don't usually do it that way.  I think you will have to tell
us more details about how you're configured before anyone can help you any
more.  How is your "PTT function" configured, exactly.  What cable to what
components etc?