[WriteLog] Rig control and CW Keying won't work at same time

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig control and CW Keying won't work at same time
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 05:49:17 -0600
Steve,

There is no reason for you to have this problem - aside from some sort of
configuration not being right.  Also, the LPT CW interface should work for
you without any trouble.

The reason I say this is that Win98SE let's you control the ports and the
operating system stays out of the way.

You should be able to get everything working without making any changes to
any .INI file settings as what you are doing is completely standard.

One question I have is related to the Piexx board as I thought it would
emulate a TS-850 - but I could be mistaken.

The Port Setup screen in Writelog is where everything is that you should
need to mess with.

To use CW via LPT1, you need to have that selected in the CW column right
next to LPT1, and CW Keyer Type is "PC Generates".

Your rig on Com1 needs a check in the box in the rig column, and of course
all the proper parameters for your radio, which would be either Kenwood
TS-850 or 570 (whichever is correct) 4800 baud, poll checked and comm PTT
No.

You should not need to change anything else to get going.  Of course save
the configuration and save your log file, and it should work the same the
next time you start up too.

I just did this with mine, and my rig control, and LPT CW works fine.

73,

Bob N5NJ