[WriteLog] Rig control and CW Keying won't work at same time

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig control and CW Keying won't work at same time
From: sjs@cfu.net (Steve Sutterer)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:22:43 -0600
I spent several frustrating hours prior to getting into CQ WW CW this =
weekend trying to get both rig control AND cw keying to work in =
Writelog.  Finally had to give up and go back to using CT, but I really =
want to make Writelog work for next contest (ARRL 160m).  Here are the =
details.

Running Win98SE.  Rig is a TS930 with a Piexx interface board (emulates =
a Kenwood TS-570) connected via COM1.  CW keying is normally done via =
LPT1, but I also ended up trying COM2 as well during this attempt to =
make it work, both to no avail.

I am relatively new to Writelog (Feb '02), but used it successfully in =
ARRL DX CW with both rig control and CW keying working.  I do recall it =
took a long time back then to get both features running then also, but =
the eventual fix was finding out about the CW_ON_PIN1=3D1 entry needed =
in Writelog.ini to make the LPT work ok.  I do recall it then still took =
a while of trying different port settings, etc, then shutting down and =
restarting, before Writelog would work with both the rig and CW keying.  =
When it did start working, I couldn't explain why.  The software was =
version v10.30.

Fast forward to CQ WW CW.  Same computer system and OS.  Same rig and =
keyer.  I noted a new version of WL (V10.36g) was available, so =
downloaded and installed the upgrade.  Now rig control always works on =
COM1, but CW keying will only work if I disable all rig control, enable =
CW keying, close down the program, then restart.  THEN CW keying works, =
but of course I now no longer have rig control.  Go to the Ports menu, =
enable rig control on COM1, and now CW keying doesn't work again.

I tried going back and reinstalling WL v10.30 with no success at =
resolving the issue at this point.

Tonight I cleaned out all the old Writelog files and registry entries I =
could find, reinstalled a presumable "clean" v10.30, then downloaded and =
installed 10.37, but still the same problem.

I cannot get CW keying to work with the COM2 port either.

Suggestions?  Please cc me direct as well in your replies.

73, Steve AK0M
sjs@cfu.net

multipart/alternative
  text/html