[WriteLog] WL in a M/M Station

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL in a M/M Station
From: k3pp@ptd.net (Glenn O'Donnell, K3PP)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:25:32 -0500
> 7.  Is the Ethernet any more/less susceptible to RFI than alternative such
> as a serial port daisy chain?

Most ethernet networking is not affected by RF, especially the now-common
twisted-pair ethernet systems.  The signalling on the wires is resistant to
RFI by design.  Of course, some network switches might have RFI problems,
but I haven't had any problems even with max power.  I have a cable modem
and a relatively cheap Linksys router/switch and it works beautifully.

I run SOA, but I still have another computer sitting on the network solely
for fault tolerance.  I've lost too many log entries during prior contests
with other logging software, so I don't take any unnecessary chances.  The
two logs are always kept identical.  Even this technology industry veteran
is impressed.

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP