[WriteLog] Operational Characteristics of WL on CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Operational Characteristics of WL on CW
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 07:24:22 -0500
> "You're different than the last girl I was with.  What's the matter with
you?"

> I don't understand what there is to wait for (your step 4.) after
> sending your exchange in S&P before logging the Q.  Obviously you should
> wait for the TU before moving on.  If he needs a fill, you send it.
>  You're not going to not log him just because he needed a fill.  If the
> Q can't be completed, you delete it from the log.  This is a fairly rare
> occurrence.

Hi Jim - My first reaction to this was why would you want to log the Q
before you knew you had the TU message from the other guy?  However, I can
see your point that almost all of the time you get it, and if you don't, you
could delete the Q from the log.  (I'll bet most don't though, and just hope
for the best!).

I also have trouble understanding how you forget to log the call - I can't
imagine typing in a new call over an old call in the entry window, probably
with other exchange information already present.

I guess I just like my new girl better than your old girl...  ;-)))  Best 73