[WriteLog] SS .ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SS .ini
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:14:55 -0800 (PST)
This whole topic has really gotten out of hand.

I sent a message to Tree N6TR this morning, hoping to get some clarification on
what the log checking software does.  He gave me two simple rules, and some
more commentary (in quotes) as follows:

1.  Always log what was sent.
2.  Log using abbreviations in the ARRL Section list.

"Sometimes, these are in conflict.  Some software will clean up the input from
the operator and only log the official abbreviation (I think most do this).
Others will log whatever you type in.

[...]

"I would say that any issues with the QTHs not matching the ARRL published list
should be fixed in the software or templates for next year.  If you use a
program that doesn't clean up the input, then log what was sent.

"Please have your software use the official ARRL abbreviations."

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC