[WriteLog] SS .ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SS .ini
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:19:13 +0000
All,

Let me start pushing the ball.  I clean up my namedmul.ini before each RTTY
contest. I have no problems sharing it with others. Maybe we can
incrementally get up to date contest by contest?

Request for Comments -

What I have seen wrong with the structure and what I suspect is being used
by Writelog to produce the Cabrillo output is the following. The wrong
abbreviations are in the "real" part and the proper ones are in the
aliases. My algorithm for change has been to put the correct abbreviation
e.g. "OR" in the "real" part and then put "ORE" in the aliases. That way I
can log what is sent but that points to the correct abbreviations which
comes out in the cabrillo output. If what is sent is not in the "real" part
or an aliases then that can be fixed after the fact by adding the aliases
and rescoring. So if someone sends "NFL" and the report is state, not
section, then you have to log NFL and put it in the aliases to point to FL
which is a multiplier.

I have a whole list of these changes that I have been making this year.

So if my understanding of how the namedmul.ini is used is correct I will
make the changes for the Roundup next week and since this file is only
19kbytes long I will put it on my web site.

Any discussion?? We need to agree on the rules of change. We need a place
to store the change for any contest. And then we need a way to merge the
changes into a "master" namedmul.ini file.

Jerry, W6IHG