[WriteLog] NAQP - New Foundland

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NAQP - New Foundland
From: dmroland@ca.inter.net (Don Roland)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:08:28 -0400
> Several points to clarify on this.  NewFoundland and Labrador combined to
> form a new province (guess to cut costs HI) last Fall.  I would expect
> the new province to be NFL or NL.

There has NEVER been a province of Labrador (VO2).
               =======
It has always been part of the province of Newfoundland but
in recent years there has been a push on to give Labrador more
prominence in government documents particularly since the discovery
of a world class nickel deposit at Voiseys Bay (sp).

In October 2001 the province's official name was changed from
the Province of Newfoundland to the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

The Offical Canada Post Corporation Province
symbol is:      NF = Newfoundland

Don -VE1AOE-