[WriteLog] NAQP - New Foundland

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NAQP - New Foundland
From: writelog@W1QA.COM (Bob McCormick W1QA)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:34:50 -0500
> Several points to clarify on this.  NewFoundland
> and Labrador combined to form a new province
> (guess to cut costs HI) last Fall.  I would
> expect the new province to be NFL or NL.

Newfoundland & Labrador were separate from Canada,
hence the use of the VO radio prefix.  They joined
the confederation as the Province of Newfoundland
and Labrador on 31 March 1949.

The administrative seat of government is in
St. John's, NF.  (Not to be confused with Saint John,
New Brunswick.)  The official prefix (used in post
and on the Internet) is NF.

Are you thinking of Nunavut, which was created
back in 1 Apr 1999?

Bob PA3GCQ/W1QA/ZL2GCQ