[WriteLog] Writelog on RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog on RTTY
From: cfmorris@bellsouth.net (Charles Morrison)
Date: Mon Feb 10 23:49:32 2003
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, since in the end, attitudes such
as yours leaves only one person in the cold, yourself.   Any contributions
you have made or will make that may be "on topic" will surely be fulfilled
by someone else.  Bet money you'll remain subscribed to the group anyway,
making this nothing more then a showoff.

I had no intention of starting a riot.  If the subject of the email was off
topic and violates a FAQ, then I apologize.  There's no correct answer to
whether Writelog is this or that, its what YOU bought it for.  If you bought
it for CW, it's primarily a CW program.  As far as this being a RTTY domain,
perhaps the people who use it for RTTY seem to be a bit more vocal?  If
you'd like to see more CW topics, post them!  If you want more SSB topics,
post them!  If you feel that Writelog performs flawlessly in these modes,
then don't post, fine.  Like it has been said, if you tire of seeing off
topic posts, but are interested in those that pertain to YOU, use a kill
file.  If you own a Windows PC, it comes with OutlookExpress, use it, and
utilize the rules.  Have it delete the off topic posts you don't want to
see!  Simple!

As far as being childish as to what's on topic, and what reflectors allow
what, then do something about it!  Don't bitch and whine about what's on
topic or not.  How long did we have to put up with the crap about Gbarron
and who worked him and who didn't?  This topic PALES in comparison to how
many threads were in that one!  No one cried after one day and a half dozen
threads about going home and taking their ball because the subject is off
topic.  The original authors however did finally put an end to it.  If you
don't like the way the group is handled, go to Yahoo or somewhere else and
start a moderated Writelog reflector.  T        hat way YOU have complete
control
over it and YOU have the right to say what's on topic and what's not.
Writelog has on occasion done this very thing, if you think its necessary
again, send the moderators an email about it, tell them how you feel.

Charlie
KI5XP