[WriteLog] General logging application

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] General logging application
From: k7sv@adelphia.net (Larry Schimelpfenig)
Date: Mon Feb 17 13:50:12 2003
Bob,

There are a handful of "general" logging programs out there and each has
it's followers. Some are freeware and most that are pay as you guy have
demos available. I'd suggest you take the time to test drive them all.

I'm biased towards DX4WIN and would make one comment regarding it. While
someone says it's tailored towards dxing, having used it since it's
inception, there's nothing it doesn't do for me in my every day
CW/RTTY/SSB/VHF operations. What's nice is if there's a lot of function that
you don't immediately need, it has several selectable experience levels and
you can go from level to level as you become more comfortable with it.

A key point to watch for is performance of some of the programs once they
have a large numbers of Qs in them. If you're an active contester and dump
all of your Qs from Writelog into the general logger (easy to do with
DX4WIN), you're going to end up with a very large data base, and the
performance of  some programs becomes very poor with large numbers.

Again I encourage you to try them all and go with what seems to fit your
needs best.

73 de Larry K7SV