[WriteLog] NEW RTTY Callsign Database & Friend.ini files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NEW RTTY Callsign Database & Friend.ini files
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue Mar 11 16:33:13 2003
Thanks to some long hours and hard work by Ed, K4SB, we now
have a new RTTY Callsign database containing only those calls worked
in RTTY contests over the past couple of years.

The file comes in two forms - .dta for WriteLog & .cal for other programs.
Both are available at http://www.rttycontesting.com.  The .cal file is still
available on my personal RTTY page at http://www.aa5au.com/rtty.html.

The zipped file aa5au_rtty031103.zip contains the aa5au_rtty031103.dta file
for use with WriteLog.

The zipped file mstrtty.zip contains the ASCII file mstrtty.cal for use with
WT4I, WF1B, etc.

Ed has also produced a new Friend.ini file based on the new RTTY callsign
database.  It is located on the rttycontesting.com site only.

All files have been uploaded to the site this afternoon.

Please check the files for your callsign and correct name (in the Friend file).
Send updates to Ed at the E-mail link also provided at rttycontesting.com.
The file now contains 8182 calls compared to over 20k calls in the old file.

Thanks again to Ed and thanks for those that provided Ed with logs to
retrieve callsigns from.  I hope to include both files in a single zip download
in the future.  Probably need to rename it K4SB RTTY Database too!

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com