Re: [WriteLog] More QTC Improvements

To: <Georgek5kg@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] More QTC Improvements
From: "George Beasley" <geo@spidernet.com.cy>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 07:41:05 -0000
George,

This feature is already there!
No need to count, just key in the call and immediately it tells you if he is
good for some more QTCs and just how many he is due. This is at the RH side
of the entry window (in red).
In general if someone calls me for QTCs I will send him some if there are 5
or more, less than 5 is not worth it.
Waiting till 10 can work against you. I once had 100 unsent QTCs at the end
of the contest as towards the end, all the guys I asked to take them from me
refused. Better to get them away in small batches than not at all.
Always a great contest and a lot of fun.
I have never done the WAE test with W/Log from EU. I just imagined that the
"R" was sent automatically when the line was completed.
I am always impressed by some of those great operators in EU,  it shows in
the way they take those QTCs at 36wpm and more.

73 de George, 5B4AGC
Web Site www.qsl.net/5b4agc