RE: [WriteLog] More QTC Improvements

To: <Georgek5kg@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] More QTC Improvements
From: "Don Cassel" <doncassel@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 07:34:33 -0400
George,

Writelog already does this in the QSO Entry window as you enter a new call.
It tells you how many QTCs you can send to the current station. So you don't
need to keep the log open or count anything in your head. I would go crazy
doing this. :-)

Regarding improvements, I would like to see an ability to send repeats on
time, call or number from within the QTC window. Currently (as I understand
it) to repeat you can either repeat everything by clicking the line or using
the Alt key or using the CW keyboard (which I use) or an external key.

The other thing I run into which is really my operating fault is to exit the
QTC window after sending the QTCs and then the European station comes back
and asks for a repeat. I should wait for a confirmation before exiting but
in the heat of battle don't always wait. This means that I need to quickly
find the entry in the log, which is not all that easy, and then resend it
using the CW keyboard. The other guy is probably wondering why I'm taking so
long. Being able to bring up the previous set of QTCs would help in this
situation.

I applaud the way QTCs are handled though and you are right, that without
this fine program many of us might take a pass on WAE contests or a least
say NIL QTCs.

Don VE3XD