Re: [WriteLog] SSB through Sound card

To: "Ric Plummer" <ricp@alum.wpi.edu>, "WA9ALS - John" <wa9als@starband.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>, "Joe Stepansky" <kq3f@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SSB through Sound card
From: "Mike K9MI" <k9mi@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 03:06:33 -0000
Ditto from here on using the 20 db boost. I use a
Heil with the HC 5 cartridge connected directly
to the sound card with my Omni 6. And without
the 20db boost, I can't trip the Vox.With it, all
is well with the world. This weekend during
the Sprint will be the first time to try it out during
a contest. In testing with a friend 10 miles away,
he couldn't tell when I was sending a message
I had recorded with shift f2, or if it was live.
That's what I wanted to hear! Plus, I'll be saving
money I used to spend on cough drops.

73 - Mike K9MI