Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:32:07 -0600
Here's my $.02 worth..........

Point #1 - I like CQ & S&P modes.  I suggested this a couple of years ago
but only got flamed by other users on the reflector.  As a TR user, once I
learned how to use CQ & S&P modes I strongly prefer it.  I tried N1MM in the
10M contest for the first time and found the CQ & S&P modes worked great on
that program.  It would be nice if Writelog had that as an option.

Point #2 - Not particularly useful for me.

Point #3 - I like the way Writelog windows are laid out.  I don't like
having separate windows floating around the desktop.  I prefer to have the
application I am using cover the whole desktop.  With floating windows it's
hard to arrange the windows to cover all the icons and distracting junk on
the desktop.  Keep Writelog the way it is.

Point #4 - You have to consider the method of development between Writelog
and N1MM.  N1MM has no beta testing.  The users are the beta testers.  As
such, when something comes across the reflector N1MM may implement one item
almost immediately and post it for download.  Several iterations later the
bugs are probably worked out.  When you get a new version of Writelog it
usually works like it is supposed to.  With a program you pay for that's
what you expect.  With a free program you take the bugs and all.

Point #5 - The current method of handling these files is fine for me.

73,

Alan  N5NA