Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video

To: "Wayne King" <wfking@worldnet.att.net>,"WRITELOG" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:45:06 +0000
Wayne,

As one who has two different video cards in my two main computers, there is a difference. I find the ATI video much more friendly than the Matrox card. The ATI video uses the two monitors as two (you can put windows where you want on both) The biggest annoyance with the Matrox is when you maximize a window, it covers both monitors! And when a message comes up centered on the screen,it is split across the seam of both monitors. Whereas the ATI maximizes on one monitor and messages come up in the center of one monitor.

That said, I can't give you the model numbers (yes, I can on this computer the ATI icon says it is a Radeon VE) On the other, the Matrox is several years old so Matrox may have gotten smarter on managing multiple monitors.

There is a difference also in the Analog or Digital outputs available. So check that out.

Jerry, W6IHG