Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video

To: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"WRITELOG" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:42:17 +0000
Bill, et al

OK, that's what I want. I obviously have an old version because I don't even have the choice of how to maximize. So now I will have something to do after the contest. HI

Jerry, W6IHG

At 06:57 AM 2/12/2004 -0600, FireBrick wrote:
My version is 6.91.005

> I just looked at my Matrox PowerDesk and I see the version number is
> 6.71.014 which is probably several years old.
>
> I decided not to mess with anything until after WPX.
>
> But let me ask several test questions.
>
> 1. When you start WriteLog, where does the first dialog box (to select a
> log) open? Centered on one monitor or split across the seam of two monitors?

Writelog opens as if there was only one Monitor.
The "What contest" window opens in the middle of the main monitor screen.

> 2. When you maximize a window, does it cover one monitor or two?
No, it maximizes to the full screen of which ever monitor it was opened on.
If I move it to the other monitor and close it. It will remember the size and position
that it was on prior to closing.

Check Matrox PowerDesk Multi-Display Control setting.
You may have checked the box that turns on "Maximize windows across all displays"
you may want to check "Save/Restore window positions when closed"