Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video

To: "'WRITELOG'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:31:05 +0000
All Matrox users,

Well I did download a later driver for my Matrox G450. But before I installed it, as I was thinking about how to safely do this, I played with the current driver, dated in 2001.

It turns out that if you select an option labeled -

"Use DualHead MultiDisplay, Separate resolutions and color palettes for both displays"

that it creates two entries for displays even thou they are identical. But now each can be set to correct resolution, in my case, 1280x1024 instead of before one display at 2560x1024.

I now have the task bar on one monitor. Writelog opens on one monitor. Now to try that for a while. I recall way back when I first got this computer that I had trouble with Writelog and/or the Matrox driver remembering window positions. So have to play with this for a while before I load the newer driver.

Jerry, W6IHG