RE: [WriteLog] update on log scroll

To: doncassel@compuserve.com, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] update on log scroll
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:21:27 +0000
Don,

I just opened the wpx log on this computer while I read your email. With the keyboard focus in the Call field of the entry window, I press Ctl+G, and absolutely nothing happens! Since Ctl+G is labeled "Go to QSO..." I would expect to be able to enter a qso number into some dialog window - but there is no window. If I place the cursor in the log window, selecting a qso and then press Ctl+G the highlighting of the qso disappears but again no input window.

Now if I try the "File, find callsign in files...", I do get a dialog window into which I can type "ve3xd". But rather than searching the current OPEN log, I get another dialog window that says "Choose the file to search" and if I then select the log that I am trying to search that dialog window goes away but NOTHING else happens.

So here I have two capabilities that I assume would "scroll" my log that do not work for me, and one that scrolls my log when I least expect it to.?????

Very puzzling.

Jerry, W6IHG