RE: [WriteLog] ARRLDX

To: Bob Naumann - N5NJ <n5nj@gte.net>, K5NZ@aol.com,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] ARRLDX
From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:20:35 -0600
> Regarding the bandmap, I am most curious as to why partial
> calls are placed there instead of it only being when you
> actually log a callsign.  The behavior I see is that for
> example, I hear K5NZ calling CQ, and only type K5N as I'm not
> sure of the last letter.  I hit F4 to send my call, and K5N
> goes into the bandmap?  Why does this happen?  Can I shut
> this off?

I discovered a long time ago, before the MapCallOnSpace
feature was added, that the F4 key, with it's default
message, would map the call.  The reason is because it
performs a dupecheck with the %B%B in the message.  So
I used to use a function key with only the %B%B in it
for call mapping.  So, you could remove the %B%B from
your F4 key, but you then risk calling a dupe.  You
would also need to have MapCallOnSpace=0, otherwise,
if you use the spacebar to get over to the exchange,
you'd map the call.

> > >In a M/S  I had 3 computers hooked up.  To get the Band
> > >Change meter to work correctly

The band change meter is broken.  It will be fixed in 10.46.

> > >When running, why does it enter every call you work in the
> > >band map?  Sure makes a mess of calls there?

You probably have the MapCallOnSpace turned on, and you
use the spacebar to get to the exchange.  On my screen,
as long as you don't move your VFO every few QSOs, this
only puts the last two callsigns in the bandmap.  Not
too much clutter.

Since WL knows when you are running (multiple QSOs on
the same freq, and indicated by the R (for run) in the
networked frequencies window), maybe it could stop adding
callsigns to the bandmap?

Chad WE9V