Re: [WriteLog] ADI Callbook Question

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ADI Callbook Question
From: kd0s@pie.midco.net
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:56:48 -0600
I cant wait for the answer to this one.
Currently I am using Hyperlog which is DOS based with few features as compared
to some of the windows based programs and it uses my callbook CDROM to fill in
all the callbook fields during an import from writelog. If a callsign is not on
the CDROM, it places that contact in a file that I can edit and enter later.
It makes it nice when importing a couple thousand Q's after a contest.
   I had planned on upgrading to DX4WIN because of the windows compatability
and features and posed the question about callbook entry. The reply was:
"When last checked there was an 18% error rate in the info retrieved from
the CD ROM's.  We don't feel you should knowingly easily add bad info to an
otherwise accurate database.  Too many people will do this with no regard
for the accuracy"
   Now I am running an evaluation version of LOGIC and while it has great
callbook capabilities, I have not determined if it will look up and enter info
during an import. I think the program is going to be too cumbersome for me
anyway.
Jim KD0S