RE: [WriteLog] What's wrong with AFSK? was - 5 bit mystery unraveled

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] What's wrong with AFSK? was - 5 bit mystery unraveled
From: "Nick Kail" <m3mlr@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:21:12 -0000
Jim
I think you will find that you get a "cleaner" transmission and reception
using FSK compared to AFSK as the txRx is doing the right job in the right
mode. I for one have noticed on my 746 during contests that I can pick up
weaker signals in the RTTY mode compared to the LSB mode. Which in may case
is why I am working with MicroHam to create this ability on their USB
interface.

Cheers
Nick
2E0MLR