Re: [WriteLog] What's wrong with AFSK? was - 5 bit mystery unraveled

To: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] What's wrong with AFSK? was - 5 bit mystery unraveled
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:17:38 +0000
Jim,

The post this morning is just one reason in favor of FSK. No audio feedback. A second is that often the Mike Gain control is right next to the Audio Gain controls. I have probably turned down the Mike Gain a thousand times when I was reaching blindly for the Audio Gain control. Third you don't have to work about the ALC levels adjustment as you change things on the sound board. Just several examples of why FSK is easier. On the downside, you have to use standard tones.

Jerry, W6IHG

With one radio still using FSK and one now that I had to switch to AFSK