[WriteLog] WL 10.45m and ARRL DX SSB Contest

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL 10.45m and ARRL DX SSB Contest
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 01:59:01 -0500
I, too, had some issues with WL this weekend. No crashes, no signifcant problems. Here's my list.

- Rotor Control.
Didn't work from the keyboard. This has been an intermittent one... working in some versions, not others. I'd love to be able to add it to the list of configuable (function) keys. I'd *really* like to be able to set LP, SP and maybe even which direcion to go to!

- Split Window.
a) It pops up in the middle of the screen, which was to high for me. I moved it to where I wanted it, but couldn't save it to that position.
b) My radio (TT Omni 6+) doesn't display both VFOs, so when the split screen went away, I had no way of knowing where that second VFO was. It would be nice to be able to see the split frequency ("VFO B") somewhere on the screen (or leave up the split window)
c) When I entered the QSO, tuned away or changed band, the split didn't reset (i.e., go to simplex mode), so there were times when I started transmitting onthe old split frequency when I thought I was now simplex.

- F12 (return to frequency).
I just don't get this one. Sometimes it didn't work at all (grayed out on the toolbar pulldown), other times it sent me to a frequency from ... where? What am I missing? What I'd like is to take me back to my last position (I did a lot of band-passing for folks needing DC on multiple freqs).

- Bandmap.
- Not using packet, I thought this was pretty cool. At times, it would have been nice to have it put old QSO's in from the log. Also, to dynamically resize the scale (especially with a "wide" band like 10m).
- I'd like to be able to click on a call and have the radio go to that freq.

- HOME key.
If I was anywhere but in the Bandmap, HOME got me back to the QSO entry field. But not when I was in the Bandmap, I had to use the mouse to get myself back.

- SCHEDULE window.
Another one I don't understand. It appears that I can't undock it, as I can with any (all?) other windows. And it seems I have to leave it up and running (i.e., visible) to get it to work. Not clear about this. Again, as I was a valuable mult, I got lots of sked requests.

That's the list.

Comments, advice and solutions are always appreciated!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC