[WriteLog] Dual sound cards

To: "'Writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dual sound cards
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:37:59 -0700
I just purchased a new Compaq Presario S6500NX for my shack computer.  I
purchased 2 Mad Dog sound cards, which are supposed to be better than the
Turtle Beach card.  With both Mad Dog cards installed the computer would
continually reboot.

I saw in one of the archives that someone suggested running 2 different
brand cards.  I also thought I saw where someone was running two Creative
Lab cards.  I don't recall if the SB cards were the same card or different.

I am going to exchange one of the cards for a SB card.

More to follow.

Mike
W0MU