Re: [Writelog] UTC Clock

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Writelog] UTC Clock
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:00:11 -0600
Good question.

Writelog does keep time in UTC.  If your computer's clock is set correctly on
your local time with the correct time zone selected, Writelog will log the time
correctly in UTC without you doing any figuring.

I don't think that it's beyond anyone's capability to understand the fixed
interval between their local time and UTC.  Of course, in many areas it changes
twice a year due to "daylight savings".

I suppose this is another reason to do away with daylight savings as it can be
confusing to contesters.

N5NJ