Re: [Writelog] UTC Clock

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Writelog] UTC Clock
From: Joe Stepansky <kq3f@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 06:16:37 -0500
At 04:02 AM 3/30/2004 +0000, K4SB wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2004 llindblom@juno.com wrote:
> > @ developed so you can more efficiently send an email address on CW,
> > at least that was the explanation give by ARRL on NPR.
> >
> > 73 W0ETC

Not that it's important at all, but someone should explain to me why
"ac" on CW is more efficient than "at". 3 additional characters.....

But then again, Larry may have said the magic word.

If my memory is correct (not a great assumption), I think NPR asked that question, "Why not 'at'?". The reason given (again memory) was that "at" could be confused with 'w'. And if it wasn't NPR, that's certainly the best answer I can muster.

73, Joe KQ3F