[WriteLog] Dual WriteLog Installs on same computer

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Dual WriteLog Installs on same computer
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:14:17 -0700
It turns out I need to take my computer to Field Day, which will necessitate a dual install of WriteLog (my own existing installation PLUS the separate club callsign install) on the same Notebook unit. Yes, both callsigns/WL copies are paid for.

Can I leave my own C:\ drive install alone & simply install the club version to my D:\ drive? Will the Registry handle dual installs? Must I temporarily rename my existing install <blah>.ini file and then change things back once Field Day is over and I delete the club install?

Perhaps others have the same situation??? If so, here's a thought for the next version of WriteLog.

Allow for multiple callsign use/changes *within* one WL install and use a config dialog to enter the appropriate Valid License Key info and drop-down list box to select the one desired.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA