RE: [WriteLog] Dual WriteLog Installs on same computer

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Dual WriteLog Installs on same computer
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:37:13 -0400
Rick and all,
Please don't fall victim to "sound bite" truths. We have used 4 stations during FD on different WL versions (within reason) for several years now. Just make sure the WriteLog "features" you want to implement match what the version can support. There is no problem with networking compatibility when it is setup properly. But if you are into sound bites, use the same version.
73, George .. W1ZT

At 03:06 AM 6/23/2004, Eric Hilding wrote:
Phil, N0KE wrote:

> I've done it by just going to .ini file and changing the call on the first
> line of the report.

Tnx...so I've now learned and Tnx also to all who responded directly.

> Make sure you are all using the same version of WL!

OOOOPS..."Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!!!" Man, am I glad you mentioned this 'cuz I was going install the latest U/G but think the other guys have an older version. Apparently you can't Network different versions? Yikes!!!

73...

Rick, K6VVA