Re: [WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking
From: "Robin D. Keller" <rdkeller@nashvillenc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:28:56 -0400
At 10:55 AM 6/28/2004 -0400, Steve Gorecki wrote:
>With the power of Writelog and it's networking, I have a suggestion in
>improving the networking flexability of WL.
>

>   SNIP

        We used 5 133mhz machines.

        All had:
         Disk drives wiped.
         Vanilla copy of WIN 98.
         Workgroup name of WL
         Computer names A,  B,  C,  D and N.
         Burn in for 2 weeks before FD.
         One died upon movement.
         Replaced with spare (Name "F").
         Only problem was when power failed.
         Rig control two of the rigs.
         LPT port keying on 3 rigs.
         One used CW decode (via the RTTY).
         Writelog was PERFECT.

        We used to use whatever machines we could find.  WINDOZE makes this very
difficult.  Getting some old machines,  running the same OS and the same
version of WL solved all the problems.

        BTW,  ten working Pentium 133's only cost us $75.00 from a local
salvager.
 Money well spent (IMHO).  Yes they take up more room.  Get over it.

http://home.rockymountnc.com/~rdkeller/
Robin D. Keller
Amateur Radio   WA4WPD          GWRRA           112943
ICQ#            24582721        IRC             OleOneEye
AOL-IM          Ole01Eye
Nashville,  North Carolina,  USA

mailto:rdkeller@nashvillenc.com         home
mailto:rdkeller@boddienoell.com         work

252-937-2800    ext 1246                        work