Re: [WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking
From: "DH5HV" <dh5hv@dh5hv.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:21:10 +0200
Hello all.

We just used also latest version of WL during WPX CW contest.
Call was DL8WPX.

First we were thinking of using CT, but Ben, DL6FBL did a good job to bring
us to WL.

He brought some machines to our station DF0CG and so equipment was quiet
simple to install.
Used laptops and PCs.
All connected by 10Mbit network to each other !
All connected to the TRXs (4 FT1000D and 2 FT1000MP.) By different CAT
cables (USB and seriell).
OS was Windows2000.

We made a lot of QSOs during the contest and Writelog never failed !
We had one PC broken before the contest and changed it quickly !
On Sunday CW did not work anymore on 160m. Just a restart of the PC made it
working again !

We lost NO (!!!) QSO.
The scores and QSO numbers on each PCs where equal. No differents the whole
time.

It was as stable us our "old" CT network we used before.

Great program and I believe this will be our choice for multimulti sessions
!

My two cents

Jochen, DH5HV