[WriteLog] WL1038UPG Problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL1038UPG Problem
From: gary.hosler@kodak.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:43:40 -0500
I am attempting to update Ver 10.46 with update file (WL1038UPG) but
continue to get a ComponentMoveData error.  I am aware of the notice on
the Support web page:

WriteLog installer gives ComponentMovedata error
..and gives an error message naming atl.dll. The problem is that the file
atl.dll is marked Read-only. Using the Windows File Manager, browse to the
directory named in the error message and find the file atl.dll. Click on
the file to highlight it, then right click and choose Properties in the
menu that pops up. Find the button labeled "Read-only" and be sure the
button is off. Click OK, and re-run the WriteLog installer.

I have checked the file attribute status on every instance of atl.dll and
all none are marked "read only".  I even went so far as to mark them read
only and then unmark them.  No change.  I am running WL on WinXP Pro if
that makes any difference.  I have also tried the WL1037UPG update file
with the same results.  The error screen output is as follows:

ComponentMoveDataError
Media Name: Media
Error Number -132 (Refer to Online Help)

I would appreciate it if anyone can offer some insight to this problem.

73 de W0AW

Gary