Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's

To: "David Douglass" <david.douglass@optusnet.com.au>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:46:50 -0500
I think you should look for other problems.  I have an old Gateway P166 with
48K RAM and Win98SE that can run WriteLog SO2R with lots of windows open,
and DX Telnet.  I can usually also do some email during a contest, but if I
also have a browser open, sometimes something goes afoul after working for
awhile.  I have a new computer for me now, and the Gateway has moved down
the line to my son.  However, we still use it when networked for M2.

I sure would NOT recommend a change to WIN95!!  More RAM is always a great
thing, but just know it might not solve yor problems.

Good luck, 73 - John, WA9ALS  (Maybe mobile for the NAQP...)