Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:41:49 -0700

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:12:03 -0000 "David Douglass"
<david.douglass@optusnet.com.au> writes:
> Another query...
>
> I've been trying to run writelog on an old Toshiba Satellite 440CDT
> (133mHz
> processor with 32 meg Ram) under windows 98.
>
> I have writelog installed OK, but every now and then it just freezes
> up, and
> I have to reboot the computer to get things running again. At times
> it can
> run for a few hours before locking, but other times it happened
> every 10
> minutes or so.

Try running Windows system monitor to see if your cpu
usage is near 100%.

start/programs/accessories/system tools/system monitor

If near 100%, turn some running programs off to reduce cpu
usage.

I've seen cases where cpu usage is running at 100% and WL
slows down. Then if the system is rebooted, cpu usage then
runs around 40%, and everything works fine.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA

.