[WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's
From: "David Douglass" <david.douglass@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:12:03 -0000
Another query...

I've been trying to run writelog on an old Toshiba Satellite 440CDT (133mHz
processor with 32 meg Ram) under windows 98.

I have writelog installed OK, but every now and then it just freezes up, and
I have to reboot the computer to get things running again. At times it can
run for a few hours before locking, but other times it happened every 10
minutes or so.

Obviously writelog is pretty marginal under these operating circumstances
and I was wondering if one of the following could help..

1. Remove Win98 and go to win95 ??
2. Upgrade the Ram (I think you can upgrade these old machines to 80meg or
so)

I do most of my op's from home with an XP machine, but was hoping to use the
old laptop with writelog when travelling.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David, VK2NU