Re: [WriteLog] COM Port / TS850 Interface problem

To: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <w1nr@eecorp.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] COM Port / TS850 Interface problem
From: Dennis Mowers <k5ya@gvtc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:21:55 -0500
Mike-

I am using the typical homemade cable, with the series resistor and diode clamp in the data out line.

I downloaded a new driver from the internet, and now I have one of the add on ports working. The other is inop, although the device manager reports it is there and working.

I will try un-installing the card, and re-installing, with the new driver, and see what happens.

Mike McCarthy, W1NR wrote:

What kind of interface are you using?  Is it a cable or genuine Kenwood
IF box?  The cables need to be powered from the COM port and it might
not have enough juice to run it.  Are there special drivers for the new
COM card?  Are they up to date?  Can they talk to any other devices like
a TNC or regular modem?

Mike, W1NR

-----Original Message----- From: writelog-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:writelog-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Dennis Mowers Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 6:45 PM To: writelog@contesting.com Subject: [WriteLog] COM Port / TS850 Interface problem

Gentlemen--I am a brand new WL user, and have a problem with an add on PCI card for com ports.

My TS850's talk to WL via the built in com 1 on the computer, with two
radios and two different cables.

I have insatalled a VScom PCI card with dual com ports and an LPT.  I
have assigned VScom card ports to com 3 and com 4. Neither  radio will
talk to WL on the add on ports.

The log window has "No Rig" in the frequency window.

Any ideas?

Dennis
K5YA