Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble installing 10.48 upgrade

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble installing 10.48 upgrade
From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:34:25 -0500
According to Microsoft support on the web, there are commercial
application that have known incompatibilities with SP-2.  In some cases
after up grade to SP-2 they in essence stop functioning.

For example ScanSoft PaperPort 8.0 is on the list of those that become
nonfunctional. This program comes bundled with several scanners which
means it is in common use.  As of my last check a week ago ScanSoft did
not have a patch for this problem.  So if you plan to upgrade to SP-2
make sure the applications you use are compatible with it or that the
software developer has a patch to resolve the issue.

As always, to rip of an old phrase "let the downloader beware."

73 W0ETC